FAMILY PORTRAIT SESSIONS
Family Sessions are a new dedicated service that I will begin offering in 2018. I will be blocking out several dates during the spring, summer and fall seasons to shoot complimentary (that means FREE) thirty minute family mini-sessions during each date. Sessions will include a family group photo and break-out portraits of mom & dad, the kids and some individual portraits as well. Mini-session dates will only be posted on my Facebook Photography Page. So, if this is something you are interested in, please be sure to follow my Facebook Photography page as I will only be booking four to six families for each date on a first come first serve basis. However, if you would like to book a full session on a date that better fits your busy schedule please use the contact form below to arrange a brief consultation and to get your family session booked.
60 Minute Family Sessions Start at $1250
Base session includes up to Five people • additional subjects are an additional $50 each
Your portrait session should be a reflection of your family. Before our session we will have a phone or in person consultation so we can discuss your expectations, ideas, and goals for our session. Preparation and communication are the keys to a successful portrait session, so make sure to share all your ideas and concerns with me during our consultation or on your questionnaire!
Location Location Location!
Finding the perfect location is an important part of planning for the photo shoot of your dreams. I have my favorite places, and usually make a recommendation during our consultation based on your personality and style, but I always welcome your location ideas. I’d love to know if there is a place that is sentimental to your family so we can discuss our options and plan the best location to suit your family.
COLOR IS IN! This photo shoot is meant to capture your family, including individuality and style. Helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing outfits:
- Think coordinating, not matching. Incorporate colors and patterns that fit well together.
- Don’t be afraid of color! Choose a few neutral colors, and then add a few bright accents to your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, necklaces, and clothing layers are great for this.
- Wear well fitting clothing. Not too tight, and nothing baggy. If you can’t walk in those pants, don’t wear them!
- No logos please. To keep the look timeless, try to avoid trendy clothing with words or logos.
- Always feel free to text or email me your clothing options laid out before our session!
- Get your kids excited for the session and let them know how much fun it will be, but no need to over prepare them or add too much pressure for "best behavior"
- Kids pick up on your stress, so stay cool, even when they throw a tantrum
- Our goal is to capture their true expressions, and keeping it light and fun is essential to that.
- Our best behaved children (and adults for that matter) are usually those that are well fed before our session. Feel free to bring treats to reward good behavior during our session!
After our Session
Approximately two weeks after our session I will send you a link to a private gallery that will contain all of the photographer select, edited digital images in high resolution format. There you can download the image files and also purchase prints and products of your choosing all in the comfort of your own home with no high pressure sales tactics. This online store is simply a courtesy store - it' my gift to you to streamline your experience. Remember, you will already have the digital images files, so if you prefer to purchase prints elsewhere on your own; that's entirely your choice. Below is a link to a sample client gallery to give you and idea of what this experience looks like.